1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL U.S. FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Create your band’s entry package including, a CD of your band’s original music, a photo of the band, if available a video of your band performing (VHS, MiniDV, DVD or Youtube link accepted) and a filled out copy of the application found at 97xonline.com. In order to participate and win you must provide all the requested information. Entries may also be accepted for drop off in person or mail your band’s entry package to: WSUN, Attn: NBTLocal Band Search, 11300 4th Street N. Suite 300, St. Petersburg, FL 33716. Band entry packages will be accepted Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm beginning 9/22/17 and running through 11:59pm on 10/8/17.
On or around October 10th, 2017, (15) bands will be chosen as finalists by the staff of 97X. These 15 bands along will be contacted by email and/or phone and invited to participate as qualifying bands. Bands will be assigned a date and time-slot to perform at Ferg’s Live in order to compete for the Grand Prize – an opening slot on the 97X Next Big Thing at Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheatre, December 3rd. 97X listeners will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite at Local Band Search Nights at Ferg's Live. The band top 2 bands with the most votes at the end of the competition will win the spot at NBT. In the case of a tie the winner will be at the discretion of 97X. The competition nights will be as follows: 10/18 | 8pm-11pm | 3 bands will perform a 30-45 minutes set (specific time TBD by 97X) 10/25 | 8pm-11pm | 3 bands will perform a 30-45 minutes set (specific time TBD by 97X) 11/8 | 8pm-11pm | 3 bands will perform a 30-45 minutes set (specific time TBD by 97X) 11/17 | 8pm-11pm | 3 bands will perform a 30-45 minutes set (specific time TBD by 97X) 11/24 | 8pm-11pm | 3 bands will perform a 30-45 minutes set (specific time TBD by 97X)
If a band chosen cannot fulfill the following duties requested, another band will be chosen to replace them. 97X reserves the right to select bands.
-Finalist band must be able to perform a 35-40 minute set on the Friday night assigned to them by 97X.
-If chosen as a Grand Prize Finalist, the band must be able to perform at the 97X Next Big Thing, December 3rd, 2017.
On or around September 22nd, 2017, the NBT Local Band Search webpage will be launched at 97xonline.com. The page will feature all nine bands and their bios, photos. The page will also highlight the three bands that will performing each of the contest nights at Ferg’s Live between 8 and 11pm on the following nights, October 18th, October 25th, November 8th, November 17th, and November 24th. On each of these days, three finalist bands will perform a 35-40 minute set.
On-site voting will occur at each of the performances at Ferg’s Live. Attendees will be given the opportunity to drop (1) vote voucher into a tally box for the corresponding band they wish to vote for. Attendees will receive a written indication of their vote to avoid duplicate votes. Voting will be cut off on or around 11pm by 97X each night and tallied. The winner of each night will be announced at the end of each event (on or around 11pm) After all the events, the top 2 bands who received the most votes from their assigned events will be declared the winners. In the case of a tie the winner will be at the discretion of 97X.
The winning bands must be able to perform, if they win, at the 97X Next Big Thing, December 3rd, 2017. Winning bands must fit 97X brand requirements and is subject to approval by 97X.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The “NBT Local Band Search” is open only to unsigned bands who reside in the following Florida counties: Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Manatee, Hardee, Highlands, DeSoto, Sarasota, Charlotte. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc., Cox Radio, Inc., WSUN-FM, other radio stations, promotional sponsors, and all affiliated companies (and the immediate family members of all such employees, and all other with whom they are domiciled) are not eligible to participate in the contest or win prizes. The term, immediate families include spouses, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Bands must be available to perform the duties outlined above. All bands agree to have their name, voice and/or likenesses, songs used in any advertising or broadcasting material related to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use. All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward other participating musicians. Participants who fail to respect other musicians' performances will be subject to disqualification.
The winning band(s) will receive a local band spot in the lineup for the 97X Next Big Thing, December 3rd, 2017 at Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa, Fl. Winning band must fit 97X brand requirements and is subject to approval by 97X.
5. ODDS: The odds of being chosen as a finalist depend on the number of bands participating in the contest. The odds of being chosen as one the two Finalist bands is 1:15
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winning Bands will be announced on 11/27/2017 at noon. Winners will be determined by the number of votes received and are subject to 97X approval. The Winners will be notified of prize via telephone.
7. PARTICIPATION: Participation in the Contest constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these Official Rules. WSUN-FM, and Cox Radio, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of the Contest.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, contestant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the contestant and Cox Radio, Inc. in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Florida, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Contest, contestants release WSUN-FM, Cox Radio, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
11. The “NBT Local Band Search” is sponsored by WSUN-FM, Cox Radio, Inc., 11300 4th N, Suite 300, St. Petersburg, FL 33716, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. WSUN-FM, and/or Cox Radio, Inc., will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other Contest materials. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department, WSUN-FM via email email@example.com mail at the above listed address.