1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL U.S. FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. HOW TO ENTER: submit your band bio, a picture of your band, ALL of your bands Social Media links and 1 MP3 of a song you would want us to showcase, and a filled out copy of the application found at 97xonline.com. In order to participate and win you must provide all the requested information. Entries may also be accepted for drop off in person or mail your band’s entry package to: WSUN, Attn: 97X NBT Band Search, 11300 4th Street N. Suite 300, St. Petersburg, FL 33716. Band entry packages will be accepted Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm beginning 9/6/16 and running through 5:30pm on 10/7/16.
On or around October 14th, 2016, Fifteen bands will be chosen as finalists by the staff of 97X. These fifteen bands will be contacted by email and/or phone and invited to participate. If a band chosen cannot fulfill the following duties requested, another band will be chosen to replace them. 97X reserves the right to select bands.
On or around October 14th, 2016, the 97X NBT Band Search webpage at 97xonline.com will feature all fifteen bands and their bios, photos. The page will also highlight the three bands that will performing each of the Friday at Ferg’s Live between 8 and 11pm on the following Fridays, October 21, October 28, November 4, November 11, and November 18. On each of these Friday’s, three finalist bands will perform a 30-45 minute set.
On-site voting will occur at each of the Friday performances at Ferg’s Live. Attendees will be given one entry form upon entry to the venue. The entry form will list the three bands performing that night. The total number of votes for both bands will be announced at the end of each Friday’s event (on or around 11pm) After all the Friday events, the band who received the most votes from their Friday event will be declared the winner of that night.
The winning band must be able to perform, if they win, at the 97X Next Big Thing, December 3, 2016. Winning band must fit 97X brand requirements and is subject to approval by 97X.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The “97X NBT Band Search” is open only to unsigned bands who reside in the following Florida counties: Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Manatee, Hardee, Highlands, DeSoto, Sarasota, Charlotte. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc., Cox Radio, Inc., WSUN-FM, other radio stations, promotional sponsors, and all affiliated companies (and the immediate family members of all such employees, and all other with whom they are domiciled) are not eligible to participate in the contest or win prizes. The term, immediate families include spouses, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Bands must be available to perform the duties outlined above. All bands agree to have their name, voice and/or likenesses, songs used in any advertising or broadcasting material related to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use. All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward other participating musicians. Participants who fail to respect other musicians' performances will be subject to disqualification.
The Winning Band(s) will be announced on or around 11/21/2016. Winners will be determined by the number of votes received and are subject to 97X approval. The Winners will be notified of prize via telephone.
5. ODDS: The odds of being chosen as a finalist depend on the number of bands participating in the contest. The odds of being chosen as one the two Finalist bands is 1:9.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Grand Prize winner has 30 days to pick up prize from Cox Radio Studios, located at 11300 4th St. N, Suite 300, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. The Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Prizes will not be mailed to the winner. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and WSUN-FM reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. As a condition of receiving the contest prize, the Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release, which must be signed at the time the winner, claims his/her prize at the WSUN-FM Business Office. Failure of to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of WSUN-FM, and Cox Radio, Inc., result in winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the Winner's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in on-air promotional announcements and other promotional material from WSUN-FM, and Cox Radio, and on the Cox Radio Interactive Web sites, and to the inclusion of his or her name and image in any other related publications or Web sites for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or additional compensation. The Winner's list may be obtained by sending a request with self-addressed, stamped envelope to 11300 4th St. N. Suite 300, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 or they may viewed online on 97xonline.com.
7. PARTICIPATION: Participation in the Contest constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these Official Rules. WSUN-FM, and Cox Radio, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of the Contest.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, contestant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the contestant and Cox Radio, Inc. in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Florida, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Contest, contestants release WSUN-FM, Cox Radio, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
11. The “97X NBT Band Search” is sponsored by WSUN-FM, Cox Radio, Inc., 11300 4th St. N, Suite 300, St. Petersburg, FL 33716, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. WSUN-FM, and/or Cox Radio, Inc., will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other Contest materials. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department, WSUN-FM via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at the above listed address.
Judah and the Lion is the hottest song at 97X…#1 for three weeks in a row! Will the boys from Nashville make it four weeks?1 Judah & The Lion Take It All Back #1 for 3 weeks in a row! 2 Empire of the Sun High & Low up 5 spots! 3 The Naked & Famous Higher NBT Band! 4 The 1975 Somebody Else NBT Band! 5 Twenty One Pilots Heathens 3 straight #1s 5.5 Kings of Leon Waste A Moment Vote if you dig! 6 Borns American Money 7 COIN Talk Too Much NBT Band! 8 Phantogram You Don't Get Me High NBT Band! 9 X Ambassadors Low Life Back on the charts! 10 Lewis Del Mar Painting (Masterpiece) NBT Band! 10.5 Andrew McMahon Fire Escape Vote if you dig! 11 The Head & The Heart All We Ever Knew 12 Coldplay Hymn For The Weekend Debut 13 Bastille Good Grief Back on the charts! 14 888 Critical Mistakes NBT Band! 15 Blink 182 Bored To Death 2 time #1 / Biggest Fall of Week 15.5 Zipper Club Going The Distance Vote if you dig! 16 Weathers Happy Pills 17 Grouplove Welcome to your life 18 Jimmy Eat World Sure & Certain Debut 19 Saint Motel Move 20 Kaleo Way Down We Go
Below is the local information and resources you will need in the wake of an emergency:Hillsborough CountyHillsborough County Emergency ManagementPhone Number: (813) 272-5900Website: http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/emergency/Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan: http://hillsboroughcounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/16617Hurricane Preparedness Guide (Find shelters, transportation guides, etc.): http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/index.aspx?NID=660Hillsborough County Schools: http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us
Pinellas CountyPinellas County Emergency ManagementPhone Number: (727) 464-3800Website: http://www.pinellascounty.org/emergency/bulletin.htmPinellas County Citizens Information CenterPhone Number: (727) 464-4333, call (727) 464-3075 for general questionsPinellas County Schools: http://www.pcsb.org/
Pasco CountyPasco County Emergency ManagementPhone Number: (727) 847-8137Website: http://www.pascocountyfl.net/Index.aspx?NID=365Pasco County Schools: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/Hernando CountyHernando County Emergency ManagementPhone Number: (352) 754-4083Website: http://www.hernandosheriff.org/em/Hernando County Schools: http://www.edline.net/pages/Hernando_County_School_Board
Sarasota County Emergency Management
Phone Number: (941) 861-6000
Sarasota County Schools: http://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/
Manatee County Emergency Management
Phone Number: (941) 748-4501
Manatee County Schools: http://www.manateeschools.net/pages/SDMC
Polk County Emergency Management
Phone Number: (863) 534-5600
Polk County Schools: http://www.polk-fl.net/
Information and resources from The American Red Cross
How to become Red Cross Ready
Another good way to stay informed is by downloading the FREE Red Cross Emergency App
State Of Florida Emergency Management: http://www.floridadisaster.org/index.asp
State of Florida Evacuation Routes and Zone Maps: http://floridadisaster.org/publicmapping/
State of Florida Emergency Management FAQ: http://floridadisaster.org/faqs.htm
Florida Department Of Insurance Hurricane Season Resources: http://www.floir.com/Office/HurricaneSeason/hurricaneresourcepage.aspx
American Red Cross Tampa Bay Chapter: Disaster Services 24-hour phone number: 1-877-741-1444
FEMA Florida: http://www.fema.gov/states/florida
FEMA contact info: http://www.fema.gov/contact-us
Salvation Army of Tampa Bay: http://www.salvationarmyflorida.org/tampabay/
Boys & Girls Club of Tampa Bay phone number: (813) 875-5771
Duke Energy Outage Maps: https://www.progress-energy.com/#Florida
For some, a trip to the art museum means and experience filled with wonder and majesty. For others, it is the most boring way to spend a day, and that's the sentiment that one man expressed on a comment card of a London-area museum.
Reddit user mar480 posted an image of a comment card he found at the Tate Modern in London, which read, "My wife made me come here, and I'm not convinced this isn't a joke."
Other Reddit users chimed in with experiences of their own at art museums.
"When I was in the Saatchi Gallery a few months back, there was one exhibit which was literally just boxes and ladders laid out to look like it was an exhibit, which was waiting to be put together," Reddit user Gisschace wrote. "I am pretty sure the artist was taking the (expletive) with that one."
Another user said that the user should "frame the note, and boom, you got yourself another piece of modern art!"
Not all users were against the piece.
One man wrote that "some people would argue that since it provoked a reaction of emotion," -- even though negative -- "it must be good art."
Read more at Reddit.
Comment card at the Tate Modern today
97x Presents Fitz and The Tantrums at Jannus Live Thursday, November 3rd! Listen to win during the 8@8 M-F morning with Danielle!
Take www.97xonline.com everywhere you go! Download your app below from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store:
Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!