Joyce Fedd said she didn’t find just one purple worm inside her McDonald’s McChicken sandwich; she found two.
“I went to the drive-through and ordered two chicken sandwiches for my kids. When I bit into this one. something...” Fedd said. “I tasted something. Took it out my mouth and [it had] a worm in it.”’
The owner of the McDonald’s quickly issued a response to the incident.
“Food safety is a top priority and we take incidents such as this very seriously, as it is highly unusual,” Jim Van Laere, the McDonald’s owner/operator, said. “When the customer returned to the restaurant and brought it to our attention, we refunded her money and replaced her sandwich, and quickly reviewed our entire kitchen to ensure this type of occurrence could not happen.”