Now Playing
Last Song Played
Your New Alternative
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Last Song Played
Your New Alternative

97X BBQ!


200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >

Woman robbed of $10,000 jackpot in casino parking lot 

A woman who won a $10,000 jackpot at a Nevada casino was robbed in the parking lot early Monday, KUTV reported.

>> Read more trending news

Police said they have recovered most of the cash, which was in the woman’s purse. She was leaving the Montego Bay Casino in West Wendover, Nevada, shortly after midnight when the purse was ripped from her hands, KUTV reported.

According to court documents, Tad Marshall, 33, of Bountiful, Utah, is accused of approaching the woman and stealing her purse.

Police found Marshall in a Wendover, Utah, motel parking lot and asked him if he had taken the money, KUTV reported. While the casino is located in Nevada, the parking lot where the theft occurred is located in Wendover, Utah, the station reported.

According to court documents, Marshall told police that the money was “in the car under the driver’s seat.” Police said they found the cash where Marshall told them it was located, KUTV reported.

Marshall was arrested and booked him into the Tooele County jail on charges of felony theft and possession of drug paraphernalia, KUTV reported.

United suspends pet cargo service in wake of mix-ups, dog death

United Airlines is suspending its PetSafe pet cargo program while it reviews the program. 

The suspension comes after a series of pet-related incidents, including one death, on the airline.

>> Read more trending news 

The Chicago Tribune reported that United will honor reservations that have already been confirmed for the service, which books pets in the cargo section of the plane.

“We are conducting a thorough and systematic review of our program for pets that travel in the cargo compartment to make improvements that will ensure the best possible experience for our customers and their pets,” United spokeswoman Maggie Schmerin said in a statement to the Chicago Tribune.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the airline will stop taking reservations for the program until May 1.

Related: Dog dies on United Airlines flight after being placed in overhead bin

Spokesman Charlie Hobart told Bloomberg that part of the review of the program includes the airline considering which pets to accept. Bloomberg reported that United had previously been willing to transport dogs with an increased likelihood of in-flight death or injury, such as brachycephalic, of snub-nosed dogs.

On March 12, a French bulldog puppy died on a flight from Houston to New York when its owners said a United flight attendant insisted the pet be stored in an overhead bin. United issued a statement saying it took “full responsibility” for the death.

“This was a tragic accident that should have never occurred, as pets should never be placed in the overhead bin,” United said in a statement March 13. “We assume full responsibility for this tragedy and express our deepest condolences to the family and are committed to supporting them. We are thoroughly investigating what occurred to prevent this from ever happening again.”

Related: ‘She took him out and he was dead:’ Owners of dog that died in United overhead bin speak out

On Tuesday, a German shepherd named Irgo was mistakenly flown to Japan in place of a Great Dane. Irgo was supposed to go to Kansas, where his family was moving from Oregon. The dog was reunited with his family Thursday.

Related: Dog mistakenly sent on United plane to Japan reunites with family in Kansas

On Friday, the airline mistakenly had a pet boarded on a flight from Newark, New Jersey, to St. Louis. Flight 3996 was diverted to Akron, Ohio, when the error was realized, according to airline spokeswoman Maggie Schmerin. The animal was “safely delivered to its owner.” Compensation aas given to passengers on the diverted flight.

According to data from the Department of Transportation, United Airlines had the highest rate of airline reports on incidents involving loss, injury or death of animals during air transportation in 2017.

Parents in Michigan turn in son to stop school shooting plot 

A Michigan teenager who allegedly planned to attack his high school with guns and possibly Molotov cocktails and homemade bombs was turned in by his parents, and could be tried as an adult, WOOD reported.

>> Read more trending news

The 15-year-old boy, who is not being named because he is a minor, allegedly told his stepfather on Sunday that he planned to shoot his classmates because he was being bullied at Paw Paw High School.

"He came to us and said that he’s been really upset and said that he’s been planning to do something bad," the boy's stepfather told WOOD. "It was a big shock."

>> Maryland school shooting: Gunman killed, 2 injured

The teen was arraigned Monday on eight charges, including two felony counts of larceny of firearms, two felony counts of possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle, two felony counts of a felony firearm, a felony count of attempted manufacture of explosives, and a misdemeanor count of possession of a Molotov cocktail explosive device.

The teen’s parents said the boy had been bullied since moving into the school district last year. Bullies, “shoved him into lockers, punched him in the throat (and) knocked him down with no remorse,” the boy’s stepfather told WOOD.

The stepfather said the teen confessed his intentions Sunday, telling them he had stolen guns from his grandfather and planned to kill the students who had hurt him.

"He wanted to blow the school up on top of him," the stepfather told WOOD. "I was in shock. I just couldn’t believe it. ... We couldn't think at that point. How'd this even get to this point?"

The parents and the boy agreed to go to the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office.

"He wanted to go. He knew that he needed help," the stepfather told WOOD. "He walked right into the lobby and was like, ‘This is what I’ve been planning on doing.' He said, 'This is where you can find everything.'"

"These parents did a good job and I hope the public sees that," Van Buren County Sheriff Daniel Abbott told WOOD.

Abbott said authorities found Molotov cocktails and materials to make pipe bombs in the teen’s home. They also found two guns and ammunition.

Paw Paw Public Schools called off Monday classes due to the threat. 

A decision on trying the teen as an adult will be made at a March 29 hearing. 

"He asked for help. He's been asking for help," the boy’s stepfather told WOOD. "I'm really worried that he might be made an example of."

Maryland school shooting: Gunman killed, 2 injured at Great Mills High School

A student who opened fire on a classmate at Maryland’s Great Mills High School died Tuesday morning after injuring two people, St. Mary’s County Sheriff Tim Cameron said at a news conference.

>> READ MORE: Do video games lead to violence seen in Parkland, other mass shootings? |  How to cope with fears, sadness after a mass shootingHow to talk to your child about traumatic events like school shootingWhat to do if you are in an 'active shooter' situationMORE

Heartbeat songs allow families to hear children after they have passed away 

Specialists at a Texas hospital are keeping memories alive for families with a recording of their child’s heartbeat set to a song, WFAA reported.

>> Read more trending news

Child life specialists at Cook Children’s Hospital in Dallas call it one of the most meaningful gestures they can do for a family that is about to lose a child.

“It's such a personal and private memento for them,” Shea Ingram, a music specialist at the hospital, told WFAA.

Cook uses a powerful stethoscope to record the heartbeat. She then works with music producer Raymond Turner, they work with the family -- and sometimes, even the child -- to choose a meaningful song. The heartbeat is then set to music, and it is not altered in any way, WFAA reported.

“I'll tell you, each one impacts me in a very strong way,” Turner, who also has lost a child, told WFAA. “There have been times where I'll listen to it, and I'll have to kind of stop for a minute and just let the tears come.”

"It's a sacred moment. The whole process is for the families," Ingram told WFAA.

Ten families have accepted the hospital’s offer.

Micah Ahern, who was the batboy for Texas Christian University’s baseball team, died of cancer in July 2016. He was 7. Micah chose his own heartbeat song before he died. His mother, Linda Ahern, does not listen to it often, but she is comforted knowing it is there.

"For me, it's a reminder that he's not here, but he's alive," Ahern told WFAA. "It's awesome. It's really like the sweetest sound. Isn't it?"

YARR! Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean reopens with new twist

Walt Disney World’s Pirates of the Caribbean reopened Monday at the Magic Kingdom park, with a new twist to a red-headed figure.

Guests might remember a key part of the ride where a red-headed woman was on the auction block.

>> Read more trending news 

Now, the pirate auctioneer oversees a sale of the townspeople’s most prized possessions and goods, and not the women. Some of the women have also been swapped out with men from the plundered town.

 The well-known red-headed figure has “switched sides” and has become a pirate named Redd, who pillages the town’s rum supply, according to the Disney Parks Blog.

 “Just as Walt Disney embraced and encouraged Disney Parks to ‘keep moving forward’ since the opening of Disneyland Park in 1955, Walt Disney Imagineering has introduced many new characters at Pirates of the Caribbean attraction over the years,” according to the Disney Parks Blog.

Dairy Queen giving away free vanilla cone Tuesday to celebrate spring 

After a rough winter, it’s time to celebrate the first day of spring with a treat.

>> Read more trending news

Dairy Queen’s website said various locations will be giving away free small vanilla ice cream cones Tuesday. The promotion is limited to one cone per person and will be honored at all non-mall locations, company officials said.

A list of participating locations can be found on Dairy Queen’s website.

The Austin bombings: A timeline of events in the case

Law enforcement authorities say a bomb that exploded early Tuesday morning at a FedEx processing center in Schertz, Texas could be the latest in a series of blasts that have happened in the Austin area during the past three weeks.

The device went off a little after midnight in the processing center some 60 miles from Austin. Authorities say that bomb was in a package marked for delivery to an Austin address, sent from an Austin address.

>> Read more trending news

The explosion comes on the heels of another attack that took place Sunday night in Austin. The blast, believed to be triggered by a tripwire, injured two men.

Here is a timeline of events since the first bombing happened earlier this month.

Friday, March 2

6:55 a.m. – Anthony Stephan House, 39, finds a package on his front porch as he is leaving his home at 1112 Haverford Dr. in the northwest part of Austin. The package, which was left overnight, explodes as House picks it up. He is taken to an area hospital where he later dies from his wounds. 

Monday, March 12

6:44 a.m. – Seventeen-year-old Draylen Mason brings a package left at his 4806 Oldfort Hill Drive home into the kitchen to open it. A bomb inside the box explodes, killing the teenager and wounding his mother. Mason was a gifted musician.

11:50 a.m. – Later that day, Esperanza Morena Herrera, 75, picks up a package outside her home at 6708 Galindo St. in southeast Austin. The bomb inside the package explodes, critically injuring Herrera.

2:30 p.m. – Texas Gov. Greg Abbott asks the public for help in finding information about the bombings. He announces a $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of anyone involved in the attacks.

Tuesday, March 13

4 p.m. – The Austin Police Department ups the reward for information about the bombings by an additional $50,000.

<<Austin bombings Q&A: What are the distinctive traits of a serial bomber?

Saturday, March 17

2:53 a.m. – Austin police arrest Trevor Weldon Ingram, 26, was arrested on charges of making a terroristic threat in connection with a bomb threat that led to the cancellation of band The Roots’ show Saturday at the  South by Southwest festival.

Sunday, March 18

2 p.m. – The Austin police announce another reward increase, making the total $115,000.

8:30 p.m. – Two men in their 20s either riding or waking a bike in the 4800 block of Dawn Song Drive in southwest Austin trip a wire attached to an explosive device and are injured by the blast. The bomb is the first to use a tripwire to detonate the device.

<<Austin bombings: What we know about the bomber’s habits

Monday, March 19

1:30 a.m.Austin interim Police Chief Brian Manley, warns Austin residents not to pick up suspicious packages or other items, and to call 911 if they should come across one.

2:30 p.m.Gov. Abbott announces he is authorizing the use of $265,500 from an emergency fund to purchase portable X-ray machines that would be used to examine suspicious packages while minimizing the risks to law enforcement officers.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

12:30 a.m. – A bomb explodes at a Fed EX processing plant in Schertz, Texas, about 50 miles from Austin. One person was injured when the package detonated as it moved from an upper conveyer belt to a lower one. Authorities said the package was to be delivered to an Austin address and was sent from an Austin address.


Beyonce, Jay-Z’s On The Run II tour adds more dates

After numerous sell out shows, Beyonce and Jay-Z have added nine dates to their “On the Run II” stadium tour.

>> Read more trending news 

Variety reported that shows have been added in Amsterdam (June 20), Washington, D.C. (July 27), East Rutherford, New Jersey (Aug. 3), Chicago (Aug. 11), Columbus, Ohio (Aug. 16), Columbia, South Carolina (Aug. 21), Atlanta (Aug. 26) and Los Angeles (Sept. 23). 

Related: Beyonce, Jay-Z announce ‘On the Run 2’ tour

The tour will close with a new date in a new city -- Seattle on Oct. 4.  

Presales for additonal dates begin March 21 at 10 a.m. local time. 

The additional North American dates, as well as previously announced tour dates, are below. More information is at

July 25 - Cleveland, FirstEnergy Stadium

July 27 - Washington, D.C., FedEx Field

July 28 - Washington, D.C., FedEx Field 

July 30 - Philadelphia, Lincoln Financial Field 

Aug. 2 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, MetLife Stadium 

Aug. 3 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, MetLife Stadium 

Aug. 5 - Boston, Gillette Stadium 

Aug. 8 - Minneapolis, US Bank Stadium 

Aug. 10 - Chicago, Soldier Field 

Aug. 11 - Chicago, Soldier Field 

Aug. 13 - Detroit, Ford Field

Aug. 16 - Columbus, Ohio

Aug. 18 - Buffalo, New York, New Era Field 

Aug. 21 - Columbia, South Carolina

Aug. 23 - Nashville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt Stadium 

Aug. 25 - Atlanta, Mercedes Benz Stadium 

Aug. 26 - Atlanta, Mercedes Benz Stadium 

Aug. 29 - Orlando, Florida, Camping World Stadium 

Aug. 31 - Miami, Hard Rock Stadium 

Sept. 11 - Arlington, Texas, AT&T Stadium

Sept. 13 - New Orleans Mercedes-Benz Superdome 

Sept. 15 - Houston, NRG Stadium 

Sept. 19 - Phoenix, Arizona, University of Phoenix Stadium 

Sept. 22 - Los Angeles, Rose Bowl

Sept. 26 - Los Angeles, Rose Bowl

Sept. 27 - San Diego, SDCCU Stadium 

Sept. 29 - Santa Clara, California, Levi’s Stadium 

Oct. 2 - Vancouver, BC Place

Check your PS3: If original model, Sony could owe you $65

Sony promised the original Playstation 3 was going to be more than a gaming system. It was going to be a computer. The company also permitted owners to install Linux or other operating systems on it, but Sony backtracked on the promise and removed the option of “OtherOS.” That move could net you up to $65, CNET reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Sony removed the “OtherOS” option due to security reasons, but owners were upset that they lost the functionality and filed a class action lawsuit against the electronics company. Sony agreed to pay $3.75 million to settle the class action suit, Polygon reported

The settlement is broken down with lawyers getting a third of it. The five original plaintiffs will get at most $3,500 each, while those who organized the settlement will get between $300,000 and $400,000. That leaves the remaining money for PS3 owners who submit claims, CNET reported

So how do you get to cash in?

First you must have bought an original “fat” PS3 between Nov. 1, 2006 and April 1, 2010, from an authorized retailer, Polygon reported.

You also need to provide the serial number or your PlayStation Network user name.

Finally, you have to legally swear you knew that you could install Linux on the system and/or lost value of your PS3 when Sony removed the option, CNET reported.

The deadline to submit claims is April 15, PC Mag reported

For complete details, as well as to file a claim, click here.

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >