Now Playing
Last Song Played
Your New Alternative
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Last Song Played
Your New Alternative

97X BBQ!

celebrity news

200 items
Results 51 - 60 of 200 < previous next >

Rick Ross remains hospitalized in Miami

Rapper/businessman Rick Ross is reportedly still hospitalized in Miami after suffering what is believed to be a heart attack.

>> Did 50 Cent mock Rick Ross health scare with brutal 'Rocky' reference?

His status has not been officially confirmed by family, but the rap and celebrity community was out in full force on social media Friday night offering prayers for Ross.

While Ross spent his formative years in Miami and still lives there, he also maintains a footprint in Atlanta. Ross, born William Leonard Roberts II, owns a 54,000-square-foot estate in Fayetteville, Georgia, previously held by Evander Holyfield.

>> Rapper Rick Ross reportedly hospitalized after medical issue

Ross, 42, also oversees several franchise locations of Wingstop and Checkers throughout the South and in 2015, pledged to open a branch of his Maybach Music Group in Atlanta.

His health issues have also been well-documented. In 2011, he suffered a series of seizures and in interviews discussed his poor health habits. Following the seizures, Ross vowed to take better care of himself and soon lost more than 75 pounds.

>> Read more trending news 

Ross recently released the new song, “Florida Boy,” with T-Pain and Kodak Black. His next album, “Port of Miami 2: Born to Kill,” is expected to be released soon.

Did 50 Cent mock Rick Ross health scare with brutal 'Rocky' reference?

On Saturday, Rick Ross was reportedly still hospitalized in Miami for an undisclosed medical issue. Although many celebrities took to social media to offer prayers, one sent a message that wasn’t as heartfelt.

>> Rapper Rick Ross reportedly hospitalized after medical issue

50 Cent recently posted a still frame of the character Ivan Drago from the film “Rocky IV” to his Instagram page. In that particular scene, the boxer says, “If he dies, he dies” after knocking out his opponent Apollo Creed.

>> See the post here

About an hour later, he shared another picture featuring Al Pacino's Scarface, writing, "Yeah I'm different."

>> On Rick Ross remains hospitalized in Miami

While the uploads did not mention Ross, many across the internet speculate the “In Da Club” artist was targeting the Wingstop franchiser, who’s been one of his rivals for years.

The two emcees have publicly feuded since 2009 by explicitly condemning each other in several songs and interviews. The ongoing fight has even included cartoons, alleged sex tapes leaks and even lawsuits.

>> Read more trending news  

On Friday night, Ross was rushed to the hospital after reportedly suffering a heart attack. His current status has not been officially confirmed by family.

>> On 50 Cent denies bitcoin collection in bankruptcy court documents

This isn’t the 42-year-old’s first health scare. In 2011 he suffered two seizures within hours and later openly discussed his poor health habits. Following his illness, he underwent a weight loss challenge and dropped 75 pounds. 

Kylie Jenner posts Snapchat video of daughter Stormi Webster

Kylie Jenner has shared the first video of her daughter’s face on Snapchat.

The 20-year-old new mother posted a video showing Stormi’s face on a filter with a crown of flame emojis. Stormi, who was born Feb. 1, looks into the camera with a hand in the air and a pacifier in her mouth. E! News reported it’s the clearest image of Stormi’s face so far.

>> Read more trending news 

The Instagram page kyliesnapchat posted the video on its page. 

Jenner told a fan on Twitter Feb. 1 that Stormi looks just like her when she was a baby. 

Stormi is Jenner’s first child with her boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott. She’s also 25-year-old Scott’s first child.

Queen Elizabeth was target of assassination plot during 1981 New Zealand visit, documents reveal

Recently declassified intelligence documents revealed that a troubled 17-year-old boy attempted to murder Queen Elizabeth II while she was visiting the Commonwealth nation of New Zealand in 1981.

>> Read more trending news 

While the queen was touring the city of Dunedin on New Zealand’s south island on Oct. 14, 1981, a mentally disturbed teenager named Christopher Lewis fired a single shot toward the her as she exited her motorcade at the Otago Museum, according to papers from the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS). No one was harmed in the incident.

Lewis turned himself in to local police, who found a .22-caliber rifle and a used cartridge in the building where he had used the firearm. Official believed that the incident would damage the country’s chances of another royal visit, so they only sought firearms and robbery charges against the teen, the documents suggest.

>> Related: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle invite 2,640 to watch their arrival on wedding day

“Current police investigations into the shots have been conducted discreetly, and most media representatives probably have the impression that the noise was caused by a firework of some description,” a 1981 memo from the intelligence service said.

“There is a worry, however, that in court the press may make the connections between the date of the offence and the Queen’s visit,” it added.

“Lewis did indeed originally intend to assassinate the Queen,” the intelligence memo reads. “However [he] did not have a suitable vantage point from which to fire, nor a sufficiently high-powered rifle for the range from the target,” Agence France-Presse reported.

Lewis informed officials that he was a member of a right-wing militia group known as the National Imperial Guerilla Army, although police soon concluded the organization only had three members, which included a higher-ranked figure called the Polar Bear and another called The Snowman, who reportedly issued an order to “terrorize Dunedin.”

>> Related: Queen Elizabeth surrounded by fashion royalty at her first London runway show

Lewis eventually ended up in jail after he was convicted of a string of offenses. He committed suicide in his cell in 1997, authorities said.

The details have prompted a fresh police investigation into the alleged “cover up.”

Faye Dunaway, Warren Beatty returning for Best Picture Oscar after mix-up last year

Actors Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are returning to the Oscars on Sunday to hand out the Best Picture Academy award, after last year’s badly botched winner presentation.

>> Read more trending news 

Dunaway and Beatty incorrectly announced the musical “La La Land” as the Best Picture winner in 2017 when it was actually the drama “Moonlight.” But it wasn’t their fault. An employee with PricewaterhouseCoopers, the firm that delivers the sealed Oscar winners, was distracted backstage and handed Dunaway and Beatty the wrong envelope.

>> Related: The 2018 Oscars: What time, what channel, who is nominated, live stream 

>> Related: Photos: 2018 Academy Awards nominees 

After the “La La Land” cast showed up on stage to collect their Oscar, the presenters reannounced the winner as “Moonlight,” stunning the cast members and the audience, alike.

PricewaterhouseCoopers created a new policy to make sure that kind of confusion doesn’t happen again, including prohibiting the use of smartphones and social media backstage during the Oscars show.

>> Related: Oscars 2017: 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture after 'La La Land' mix-up

The company also now requires a stage manager and the presenters to verify the winner envelope is the right one before the presenters head onstage.


John Legend, Chrissy Teigen donate $25,000 to Parkland shooting survivors’ March for Our Lives

Celebrity couple John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are joining the likes of Oprah Winfrey and George and Amal Clooney in supporting survivors of the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting.

The Blast reported that the singer and his cookbook author and TV personality wife donated $25,000 to March for Our Lives, the group started by some survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.

>> Read more trending news 

“We support the students,” Legend told The Associated Press Feb. 27. “We’re proud of the students. We’ve already sent them money. We sent them $25,000 to help with whatever costs they have for organizing, and we believe that our gun culture needs to change in America.”

On Feb. 14, a 19-year-old former student opened fire at the school, killing 17 people and injuring many others. He has been changed with 17 counts of premeditated murder.

Classes resumed at the school Wednesday.

Related: George, Amal Clooney donate $500,000 to Parkland shooting survivors, Oprah Winfrey matches amount

On Feb. 18, survivors David Hogg, Alex Wind, Cameron Kasky, Jacqueline Coren and Emma Gonzalez announced a March 24 event in which students and supporters of March for Our Lives will march on Washington, D.C., for stricter gun laws.

The Clooneys announced they would participate in the march and donate $500,000 to the group Feb. 20. Winfrey later said she would match that donation. 

“We stand out among other major countries in the world when it comes to these types of massacres, but also in the everyday gun violence that people have to deal with,” Legend told The AP. “I don’t think that we should accept that as normal. I think we’ve decided that everyone having unfettered access to guns is more important than all of us being safe, and I think we need to reshape that balance a bit so that we’re all more safe.”

“I’m glad these kids from Parkland are saying, ‘Enough is enough,’ and we support them,” Legend said.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle invite 2,640 to watch their arrival on wedding day

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are inviting more than 2,000 people to watch their arrival at Windsor Castle on their wedding day, the Daily Mail reported.

>> Read more trending news

The royal wedding in the United Kingdom is scheduled for May 19.

People who will be invited include 1,200 people “who have served their communities,” and will be chosen by representatives of Queen Elizabeth II.

The guest list also will include 200 people who represent charities supported by the royal couple, the Daily Mail reported.

Also invited are 100 students from two local schools, 610 Windsor Castle community members and 530 members of the royal household.

According to Kensington Palace, the total number of invitees is 2,640.

In a statement today, Kensington Palace said that “'Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have said they want their wedding day to be shaped so as to allow members of the public to feel part of the celebrations, too.”

Kelly Ripa defending ‘Live’ co-host Ryan Seacrest amid sexual harassment claims

Kelly Ripa is standing up for her “Live with Kelly and Ryan” co-host and friend Ryan Seacrest amid sexual harassment allegations against him.

>> Read more trending news 

On Thursday’s show, Ripa took a serious tone when she addressed Seacrest early on the show.

“I just want you to know you are a privilege to work with, and I adore you, and I am speaking on behalf of all of us here,” she said. “I know what an easy, professional, great person you are, and I feel very, very lucky to work with you each and every day. And we love you.”

Seacrest replied, hugging her, “You are happiness.”

“You are happiness wrapped in chocolate,” Ripa said before the two kicked off the show.

Ripa wasn’t the only colleague to come forward in Seacrest’s defense this week. Seacrest’s stylist and makeup artist Jayson Stacy opened up to People magazine about working the TV host for 13 years.

>> Related: Ryan Seacrest will still host Oscars red carpet despite sexual harassment allegations

“There has never been any ill words spoken to me about him,” he said. “He’s never been mean. With women, there’s so many females that work with us. … I never once heard anyone say that he’s done anything to make them feel uncomfortable — that he’s been mean to them, that they wanted to leave their job because of him.”

Earlier this week, Seacrest’s accuser, Suzie Hardy, claimed that Seacrest was inappropriate with her on more than one occasion, including a time she claims he threw her on a bed in a hotel room and rubbed his erection on her body.

Seacrest denied the allegations in another statement with E! News on Tuesday.

>> Related: Reba McEntire returning to host ACMs for 15th time

“Much has been said about the #MeToo and Times Up movement(s) and the importance of providing women and men with the opportunity to share their stories of workplace misconduct, in an effort to change our culture and the systemic inequalities that exist,” he said, in part.. “I absolutely support this cause unequivocally and applaud all the brave souls who have come forward to share their stories.”

Seacrest continued, “This person who has accused me of horrible things tried to buy her silence by asking for money on multiple occasions — I refused. I have worked extremely hard to achieve my success and I don’t take my opportunities for granted.” He concluded, “I don’t want to accuse anyone of not telling the truth, but in this case, I have no choice but to again deny the claims against me, remind people that I was recused of any wrongdoing and put the matter to rest.”

>> Related: Will Smith, filming a movie in Savannah, just can't handle the bugs in Georgia

Bobby Brown believes Whitney Houston died from a broken heart, not drugs

Even though Whitney Houston was found to have had drugs in her system at her time of death, her ex-husband, Bobby Brown, believes she died from something entirely different: a broken heart.

“I don’t think she died from drugs,” the 49-year-old singer told Rolling Stone in a new interview. “No, not at all. She was really working hard on herself to try to be a sober person and, um [pauses] she was a great woman.”

>> Read more trending news 

After Houston was discovered unresponsive in a hotel bathtub in 2012, a coroner’s report determined that her “death was complicated by chronic cocaine use and heart disease,” having detected cocaine, marijuana, Xanax, Benadryl and other medication in her system. While Brown indicated that he believes she did not have drugs in her system, his wife and manager, Alicia Etheridge-Brown, stopped him to say, “There were drugs in her system.”

Instead, he said he thinks the singer died from “just being broken-hearted.”

About three years after Houston’s death, Brown suffered another loss when their daughter, Kristina Bobbi Brown, was also found unconscious in a bathtub. She remained in a coma for six months before passing away that June at the age of 22. Her boyfriend Nick Gordon was found liable for her wrongful death in September 2016 and was ordered to pay $36 million to her estate — something her father doesn’t see as justice.

>> On Bobby Brown remembers Bobbi Kristina Brown two years after her death

Gordon is still under investigation in the ongoing criminal case regarding her death and has been accused of giving her a “toxic cocktail” before she was found unresponsive.

Oprah says God would have to tell her to run for president

Oprah Winfrey previously made it clear that she has no plans to run for president of the United States in 2020, but she revealed to People magazine that there’s one thing that could make her change her mind: God.

Winfrey received calls to run for president from friends and fans alike after giving an inspiring speech at the Golden Globes in January, but she later denied that she was planning to run. However, instead of just ignoring the calls to run for president, she decided to turn to prayer.

>> Oprah on 2020 presidential run: 'That's not for me'

“I went into prayer,” she told People. “‘God, if you think I’m supposed to run, you gotta tell me, and it has to be so clear that not even I can miss it.’ And I haven’t gotten that.”

Winfrey was surprised to hear the response to her moving speech, telling the publication that she was happy with her speech, but she never expected the reaction that it got.

“When I walked off with Reese [Witherspoon], I thought, ‘I got that done,’” Winfrey said. “It wasn’t until I was back in the press room that they said, ‘Do you realize you’re trending?’”

Soon after the speech, people started contacting her, encouraging her to run, including close friends, such as best friend Gayle King, and billionaires offering to fund her campaign.

>> Read more trending news 

“I had people – wealthy, billionaires – calling me up and saying, ‘I can get you a billion dollars. I can run your campaign,’” she revealed. “That many people saying something made me think, ‘Am I at least supposed to look at the question?’”

Still, Winfrey had previously said the job doesn’t “interest” her and that she doesn’t think she has the “DNA” to be president, the Telegraph reported.

200 items
Results 51 - 60 of 200 < previous next >