Now Playing
97X
Last Song Played
Your New Alternative
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
97X
Last Song Played
Your New Alternative

celebrity news

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >

'Big Bang Theory' star Mayim Bialik responds after critics slam Harvey Weinstein op-ed

“Big Bang Theory” star Mayim Bialik clarified statements made in a New York Times op-ed on Saturday.

>> 'SNL' tackles Weinstein and Trump, transforms Kellyanne Conway into Pennywise

In the Times article, “Being a Feminist in Harvey Weinstein’s World,” Bialik opened up about her fashion choices and behavior around men, writing, “I am entirely aware that these types of choices might feel oppressive to many young feminists. Women should be able to wear whatever they want. They should be able to flirt however they want with whomever they want. Why are we the ones who have to police our behavior?”

>> Harvey Weinstein booted from film academy

She continued, “In a perfect world, women should be free to act however they want. But our world isn’t perfect. Nothing — absolutely nothing — excuses men for assaulting or abusing women. But we can’t be naïve about the culture we live in.”

>> On Rare.us: In a twist of events, Rose McGowan asks fans to 'go easy' on unlikely Weinstein supporter

Bialik’s comments were quickly put on blast, and many accused her of victim-blaming.

Late Saturday, Bialik took to social media to clarify her statements.

>> Read more trending news 

“I’m being told my N.Y. Times piece resonated with so many and I am beyond grateful for all of the feedback. I also see a bunch of people have taken my words out of the context of the Hollywood machine and twisted them to imply that God forbid I would blame a woman for her assault based on her clothing or behavior,” she wrote on Twitter and Facebook. “Anyone who knows me and my feminism knows that’s absurd and not at all what this piece was about. It’s so sad how vicious people are being when I basically live to make things better for women. I am doing a Facebook live with the N.Y. Times Monday morning. Let’s discuss it then.”

>> See the post here

(H/T E! News)

Aaron Carter back in rehab, just a week after leaving

Aaron Carter has checked back into rehab one week after he left his treatment facility.

>> Read more trending news

Carter’s rep confirmed that the singer left the treatment earlier this month to attend to “legal and personal matters” that “required his immediate and in-person attention,” the People.

“Aaron has taken care of the legal and financial matters that required his attention and returned to the wellness facility to complete his program,” Carter’s spokesperson, Steve Honig told the publication on Saturday.

Carter initially decided to enter rehab after police were called to his home to do a welfare check after a neighbor claimed his “words were slurred and did not make sense.”

In a Sept. 6 report, a caller said that Carter was “not in a safe mental state” and was threatening suicide. The caller reportedly believed that Carter was “engaging in drug activity,” including Xanax, Klonopin and “dusters” (huffing compressed computer duster spray).

>> Related: Aaron Carter reveals he and brother Nick still aren’t speaking after their family feud went public

When he initially entered rehab, Carter tweeted a message to fans about change.

“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me,” he wrote on Sept. 22.

Pussycat Dolls were a front for ‘prostitution ring,’ former member alleges 

A former member of the popular girl group and dance ensemble  Pussycat Dolls, Kaya Jones, is claiming that members of the pop music hit-makers were a part of a “prostitution ring.”

>> UPDATE: Pussycat Dolls founder responds to former member's 'prostitution ring' allegations

“My truth. I wasn’t in a girl group. I was in a prostitution ring,” Jones said in a post on Twitter.

>> Read more trending news

“Oh and we happened to sing and be famous. While everyone who owned us made the money,” she said.

How bad was it? People ask—bad enough that I walked away from my dreams, my bandmates and a 13 million dollar record deal. We knew we were going to be #1.”

Jones also referenced a “den mother” but stopped short of naming names, writing, “I want the den mother from hell to confess why another 1 of her girl group girls committed suicide? Tell the public how you mentally broke us,” Jones said.

There has been no confirmation of who Jones was referencing, but reports suggest that Jones was talking about G.R.L. singer Simone Battle, who killed herself in 2014, according to E! Online.

She continued her accusations, saying, “To be a part of the team you must be a team player. Meaning sleep with whoever they say. If you don’t, they have nothing on you to leverage…Yes I said leverage. Meaning after they turn you out or get you hooked on drugs they use it against you. Correct. Victimizing the victim again.”

<< Related: Fifth Harmony singer takes a fall on stage and absolutely slays it

The Pussycat Dolls, including lead singer Nicole Scherzinger, have not responded to Jones’ allegations.

George Clooney denies anything to do with ‘ER” sexual harassment cover-up

George Clooney is categorically denying reports that he played a role in the blacklisting his former “ER” costar Vanessa Marquez for speaking out about harassment, according to US Weekly.

>> Read more trending news

“I had no idea Vanessa was blacklisted,” Clooney said. “I take her at her word. I was not a writer or a producer or a director on that show. I had nothing to do with casting. I was an actor and only an actor. If she was told I was involved in any decision about her career, then she was lied to. The fact that I couldn’t affect her career is only surpassed by the fact that I wouldn’t.”

Marquez, who played Nurse Wendy Goldman on the NBC medical drama, tweeted that Clooney “helped blacklist me when I spoke up about harassment on ER.”

>> Related: George Clooney’s 'ER' co-star makes allegations about his role in harassment on set

In other tweets, the Mexican-American actress says other “ER” cast members and producers made sexist and/or racist comments. She says that after speaking out, she was blacklisted by producers and network executives.

>> Related: George Clooney publicly slams Harvey Weinstein amid sexual harassment allegations

Clooney’s denial comes just a few days after he spoke out about the allegations of sexual misconduct made against his long-time associate Harvey Weinstein.

'Fixer Upper' fans rejoice: Chip and Joanna Gaines may not be finished with TV forever

Chip and Joanna Gaines may be open to other TV opportunities even after “Fixer Upper” comes to an end after season 5.

>> Chip, Joanna Gaines reveal why they’re calling it quits on Fixer Upper

Joanna said the couple will remain open to the idea of making a TV return in the latest issue of People.

“It isn’t inconceivable,” she said. “We’re entrepreneurs at heart, so we’ll always be looking forward to what’s next. As it relates to TV, you just never know.”

>> On Rare.us: Chip and Joanna Gaines reveal the real reason they are leaving 'Fixer Upper' behind

The hit HGTV series skyrocketed the couple into their own line with Target, a real estate company and their ever-so-popular Magnolia Market. They recently shared that they decided to leave the show to “catch [their] breath for a bit.”

>> Read more trending news

“We gave everything we had to this show, the beautiful homes and those sweet families, but this just felt like the right time to catch our breath for a bit,” Joanna said.

The fifth and final season of “Fixer Upper” will air in November.

'SNL' tackles Weinstein and Trump, transforms Kellyanne Conway into Pennywise

After facing criticism for ignoring the Harvey Weinstein scandal last week, "Saturday Night Live" slammed the Hollywood producer and tackled two of its favorite targets – President Donald Trump and White House adviser Kellyanne Conway – in this week's episode.

>> Harvey Weinstein booted from film academy

Saturday night's show, which featured host Kumail Nanjiani and musical guest Pink, kicked off with a fresh skewering of the president (Alec Baldwin), who ordered Vice President Mike Pence (Beck Bennett) to boycott everything from athletes' national anthem protests to Starbucks to a gay wedding. 

>> Read more trending news

"Outrageous. No one should disrespect the sanctity of marriage like that," Baldwin's Trump said. "As it says in my favorite verse of the Bible, double Corinthians, marriage is between a man and a woman – then another woman, then another woman and maybe one more if you've got it in you."

>> Watch the sketch here (WARNING: Viewer discretion advised.)

The comedy show also took aim at Conway (Kate McKinnon) in a parody of "It," transforming her into a sewer-dwelling clown whose sights are set on CNN's Anderson Cooper (Alex Moffat). 

>> Click here to watch

The show then turned its attention to Weinstein. In one sketch, McKinnon appeared as fictional Hollywood icon Debette Goldry, who said Weinstein "was naked, hanging upside down from a monkey bar" when she met him in a hotel room. 

McKinnon's Goldry later talked about "a secret code" actresses used "to warn each other about creeps."

"The code was, 'He raped me,'" she said. "That way, if any men were listening, they'd tune us right out."

>> Watch the sketch here (WARNING: Viewer discretion advised.)

Cast members Colin Jost and Michael Che also blasted the media mogul on "Weekend Update."

Addressing reports that Weinstein was seeking rehabilitation for sex addiction, Jost said, "Somehow, I don't think that's gonna help anybody. He doesn't need sex rehab; he needs a specialized facility where there are no women, no contact with the outside world, metal bars and it's a prison."

>> Click here to watch (WARNING: Viewer discretion advised.)

Widow of Peanuts creator loses home in California fire

The widow of Charles Schulz, creator of the Peanuts comic strip, was forced to evacuate the California home the couple shared as fire raced through Santa Rosa, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

>> Read more trending news

Jean Schulz fled her hillside home, which was built in the mid-1970s, about 2 a.m. Monday, her stepson, Monte Schulz, told the Mercury News.

“She is very resilient,” he told the Mercury News. “She is energetic and pragmatic and very tough.”

Jean Schulz is president of the board of directors for the Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center built in Santa Rosa two years after the cartoonist’s death in February 2000. Most of his collection of original comic strips, artwork and memorabilia featuring characters Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts Gang, is housed at the museum, which was untouched by the fire.

“But there were a lot of Peanuts things in the house,” Monte Schulz told the Mercury News.

The fire affected other members of the Schulz family, the Mercury News reported. Monte’s brother, Craig Schulz, who lives in Santa Rosa with his family, also lost his house in the fire.

“It’s sad. It’s erased,” Monte Schulz said of his father’s house. “Everything that was in there, every connection we had to dad vis-a-vis that house, is gone now.”

Before Charles Schulz’s death at age 77, the Peanuts comic strip appeared in 2,600 newspapers in 75 countries.

Radio host Delilah shares family photos after son’s suicide

Romance Radio host Delilah Rene Luke took to Facebook on Thursday to remember the son she lost last week.

>> Read more trending news

On Oct. 3, Delilah’s 18-year-old son, Zachariah, took his own life, which she detailed in an emotional post on Facebook last weekend.

“My dear friends, I need to share some devastating news with you. In the early morning hours, Tuesday, October 3, my son, Zachariah, took his life,” she wrote on Facebook on Oct. 7.

Since his death, Delilah has decided to take a break from her syndicated radio show to mourn her son.

On Thursday, she shared some family photos alongside a tribute to Zack. She began the post with a quote by Mary Jean Irion before thanking her fans for their love and support.

“There will not be another ‘normal day’ with my Zack-Attack, at least not in this life time [sic]. No more cooking his favorite foods or bringing home gallons of his favorite juice, no more laughter around the bon fire [sic] or Christmas mornings. My heart is struggling to continue to beat,” she wrote. “Thank you for your prayers, love and support. Please pray for his grandparents, his siblings, his dad and his friends. We are all doing our best to focus on his joyful heart, his wild free spirit and his smile.”

Why The Little Couple’ struggled to bond with their adopted kids

The Little Couple’s” children, Will and Zoey, are finally one big happy family with their adoptive parents Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein.

>> Read more trending news

The reality TV family opened up about their struggles with the children in this week’s issue of People magazine.

“After everything we’ve been through, it’s a very exciting time,” Klein said.

The family recently moved from Houston, Texas, to St. Petersburg, Fla., so Arnold could take a job as the medical director of John Hopkins All Children’s Hospital Simulation Center. Just months after the big move, the family said they are finally settled and “in a great place.”

>> Related: ‘The Little Couple’s’ former Texas home is for sale

The family has overcome recent major challenges. In 2013, Arnold was diagnosed with a rare form of uterine cancer following a failed pregnancy. She and Klein were just finalizing adoptions of Will and Zoey at the time. Following the diagnosis, Zoey had a hard time bonding with the family, as she was raised in an orphanage with limited access to others.

“She really wanted nothing to do with us,” Arnold told the publication.

Will had his own set of physical challenges and underwent surgeries to help with his “hearing difficulties.”

Despite the challenges, things are getting better for the family, and the couple is happy with the progress they have made.

“They’re getting to an interesting age and finding their real passions,” Klein said. “They’re really into artwork right now, their verbal skills continue to surprise me, and they’re doing so well in school. It’s fun to watch them grow.”

>> Related: ‘The Little Couple’ star Jen Arnold making a career move from TX back to her hometown in FL

“The Little Couple” airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET on TLC.

Harvey Weinstein investigations launched in New York, London

Officials on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean are investigating complaints against Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein amid reports that he sexually harassed women for decades, according to multiple reports.

>> Read more trending news

Police in London told The Guardian on Thursday that a complaint was made against Weinstein on Wednesday and that officers were investigating the report.

The alleged assault took place in the London area in the 1980s, according to BBC News.

In a statement released to Variety magazine, New York police said that officers are working to learn of any additional complaints against Weinstein.

“No filed complaints have been identified as of this time,” police said on Thursday morning.

The reports come amid a slew of sexual assault and harassment allegations against Weinstein, who co-founded entertainment company Miramax. Among Weinstein’s accusers are high-profile Hollywood stars, including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Ashley Judd.

>> Related: Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow add to Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment claims 

Women started to come forward after The New York Times published a report last week detailing complaints of sexual harassment made against Weinstein over nearly three decades.

Three women, former aspiring actress Lucia Evans, Italian actress Asia Argento and a woman who was not identified, accused Weinstein of rape in a report published Tuesday by The New Yorker.

>> Related: 3 women accuse Harvey Weinstein of rape: report

Weinstein was ousted from his position at The Weinstein Company on Sunday in the wake of the New York Times report. His wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, said Tuesday that she was leaving Weinstein in light of the allegations. Weinstein said in a statement on Wednesday that he was going to counseling.

He denied the rape allegations in a statement to The New Yorker issued by one of his representatives.

>> Related: Harvey Weinstein’s wife Georgina Chapman leaving him amid sexual harassment allegations

New York police opened an investigation into Weinstein in 2015, after Filipina-Italian model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez told officers that she was groped by Weinstein without consent.

Authorities outfitted Gutierrez with a wire and had her meet with the producer. In an audio recording of the meeting published by The New Yorker on Tuesday, Weinstein can be heard apologizing after he’s confronted about the alleged assault.

>> Related: Harvey Weinstein recording was not enough to charge him, DA says

"Why yesterday (did) you touch my breast?" Gutierrez asks in the recording.

"Oh please, I'm sorry,” he answers. “I'm used to that.”

Despite the recording, no charges were filed against Weinstein.

Prosecutors said that they were never consulted about the New York Police Department’s plan to get Weinstein to admit to the assault on tape and that the tape was not enough evidence to convict the 65-year-old. Police defended their actions, saying that the recording was one of multiple bits of evidence collected by officers and presented to the Manhattan District Attorney for prosecution.

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >